We are committed to keeping our parishioners informed about the life of the Church as the ongoing situation with the Coronavirus pandemic evolves. Included below is information – organized thematically – regarding the life of our parish community at the present time. Please click on each topic to display more information.
We are currently working to expand our spiritual resource offering. You will find several resources on the right side of your screen (desktop) or by scrolling down to the bottom of the page (mobile device).
This page will be updated frequently.
Masses & Public Services
- Public Masses will be suspended beginning March 18 until further notice.
- The priests will continue to offer Masses without the people. All scheduled Mass intentions will be fulfilled as scheduled to the best of our ability.
- Stations of the Cross (Wed. & Fri.), Rosary and Donuts (Wed.), and Adoration (Wed.) are suspended until further notice.
- Provisions may be made for periods of Eucharistic adoration as the situation develops. Attendees should be mindful of maintaining social distance within the church.
Private Visits to the Churches
- St. Joseph and St. Stephen churches will be open Monday-Friday as usual.
- St. Joseph Church will be open Saturday (12pm-3pm) and Sunday (9am-12pm).
**NB: weekend hours subject to change
- Devotional materials will be available in the churches.
- Please maintain social distance in the churches.
- All Faith Formation classes and events are suspended until further notice.
- Confessions will be heard by appointment as needed. Please contact the priests at the parish office at (814) 677-3020 to make an appointment.
- Provisions for scheduled times for public confessions may be made in the future.
Visits to Hospitals, Nursing Facilities, and Homes
- All ordinary visits to these facilities are suspended until further notice.
- The priests will visit for the sacrament of Anointing of the Sick only in situations of need in order to protect the health of patients/residents/etc.
- Funeral services in funeral homes may take place but should be limited in size.
- Funeral Masses are permitted but may not be open to the public; only immediate family of the deceased and funeral home personnel should be present.
Holy Week & Easter
- It is very likely that Holy Week and Easter Masses and services will be suspended.
- More information will be shared as the situation develops.
TV & Streaming Masses
- Mass can be viewed on television on EWTN daily. This Mass can also be viewed at any time on www.ewtn.com
- Sunday Masses from St. Peter Cathedral, Erie will be live-streamed. Please check www.eriercd.org for more details.
- As the situation develops, provisions may be made to livestream Mass in Oil City. Any updates will be provided on www.oilcitycatholic.com